Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 2...

Welcome to Day 2. This has proven to be quite the learning experience for my wife. On the way to pick up one of our children, she read and answered a text message. HUGE RULE BROKEN! She came home, told me what she did, we discussed why she did it, and I decided the driving privileges were revoked until I go to work this weekend. This was met with a bunch of pouting and "bargaining".  I kind of let that slide considering this is only day 2 and told her to let it go or I will increase the punishment. Luckily for her, she calmed down. Later in the day she also went over on the spending budget without asking, this resulted in some whacks on her bottom.
I think she is surprising herself  at the amount of rules she has already broken.  I do appreciate the honesty she has in telling me she texted while driving.  I think I am a fair HoH, and in turn she is completely honest.
After dinner, we had a short discussion about the day and the results of the actions. We had a great evening again and woke up feeling refreshed.
Thanks for reading.
D~

5 comments:

  1. Hi D
    This is great, consistency from the HOH is so important to us woman, but to be fair and listen to us is so much more important.

    Thanks for sharing your journey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you fit sharing! I look forward to reading about your journey. I'm glad to see that you are doing so well.

    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very important to be fair and talk. Communication has been the. Biggest thing for me and my HoH. Remember there will ups and downs in this from both of you. Just read some of our blogs we TiH are like a roller coaster. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consistency is key!! And making sure that you only make rules and "threats" that you actually intend to uphold and carry through on. I can say as the opposite side of that coin that nothing can make me feel more unloved or unsure about our relationship than him not following through on his words. Whether they are fun for me or not so fun for me I need to know that he will go by his word.

    Texting and driving is a really REALLY common theme/rule. It makes me laugh how many wives I know or read about whose husband's main "complaint" after attitude seems to be texting and driving. :-p :-) I guess we ladies just need to keep in contact with each other at all times! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, honey. I was reading these comments...and I must say, I'm glad I'm not the only one that struggles with texting and driving. ;)

    ReplyDelete